Saturday, November 15, 2008

Endorphins Are For Pansies

So you know how in my last post I said I don’t heart being in a bad mood? Well I REALLY don’t! I hate it! Why can’t I just be happy all the time? Or if I have to be in a bad mood why can’t it just be for an hour or so?

Today was a crappy day and no matter how hard I tried I just couldn’t snap out of it. It didn’t help that almost every kid in my store had a complete meltdown right in the middle of the aisle (It was so sad. Most of the parents were so mortified and I just didn’t know what to say to relieve their embarrassment). Or that most of my customers were very snotty and kept complaining about how they hate that they ‘have’ to wear maternity clothes. I mean come on… your constant complaining isn’t going to reverse the situation and it doesn’t exactly make me want to continue assisting you. And quite frankly, there are plenty of women out there that would be more than happy to be required to wear maternity clothes so quit your boobing.

I had to do something to snap out of this bad mood because I was going to meet some friends and I really didn’t want to be cranky when I was with them. I heard that when you smile it releases endorphins so I thought I’d give it a shot. Picture it: I’m driving through the mall parking lot dodging all the crazy drivers and I have a big ol’ smile on my face. I’m stuck at a very long line at a stop sign…with a nice big smile on my face. I’m cussing and swearing like a sailor but I don’t give in and I just keep smiling. In the lane next to me is a guy that’s more interested in picking his nose than driving in a straight line and yep! You guessed it… I still have a big fat stupid smile. Then I decided, screw it! This stupid smile ain’t releasing no damn “endorphins” and now my freaking face hurts. Maybe that guy had the right idea; maybe picking my nose would’ve been the better choice.

7 comments:

Kathi said...

You gotta write a book.

Natalie said...

Awesome. I love the picture of you doing that. It is so un-you. :D Too true about those who wish they could be wearing the maternity clothes.

JoAnna said...

I'm laughing so hard!!

Kara said...

Picture it.. Sicily....
LoL writing this post with you was the bomb!

Jana said...

The sadest part of this post is that people could not see your example of what you were doing! LMBO I still chuckle whenever I think about it!

Jalaine Lassek said...

LOL You crack me up! I can picture you with the smile on your face-swearing!!!

Anna said...

Ah-ha-ha-ha...so funny