Sunday, September 14, 2008

Dude Looks Like A Lady

9:30 am: I answer the phone and it’s my neighbor who also happens to be one of my best friends. She is crying hysterically telling me her husband cheated on her…

9:39: She comes stomping up the stairs to her house screaming and yelling at her husband on the phone about how he is scum. Her husband is 5 feet away inside the house. She goes inside and the fighting continues.

9:45: She comes outside where I am sitting on the aforementioned steps. The first words out of her mouth are, “Just so you know I was born Intersex and used to be a guy!”.

So tell me, how would you react when one of your best friends, of 3 years mind you, tells you she used to be a guy? My reaction you ask? (We are pretending you are interested enough in this story to ask.) I took a drag of my cigarette and said, “Oh ok. So what’s this about him cheating on you?”. It’s not that I wasn’t interested in what she just told me, believe me, I WAS! I had so many questions shooting through my head and though it would not have been my first choice it just happened that this particular question was the one that came out.

Turns out she got the surgery two years before she met me and her husband cheated on her with a transsexual…

I no longer answer my phone before noon.

7 comments:

Jana said...

Now that's just not true! I call you all the time before noon. Granted you only answer 1 out of 10 calls, but hey! Whatever!

JoAnna said...

Hi-freaking-larious you are!!!

Natalie said...

Yeah, that's too much to handle before noon. After that however... You are funny and I love your blog. The graphic rules! Where did you get it?

Kathi said...

Ok, you just condensed a 2 month drama (?) in to a paragraph. You could make a whole website on it!

CaraDee said...

Now THIS is the kinda post I LOVE.

ashley said...

I can't stop laughing. I love it. How awkward.. I probably would have lit up like five cigarettes at a time for a distraction.

labrierley said...

so umm...pretty much jana wasn't lying.... sept really was a very interesting month!!